The National Insurance Co. Ltd (“NIC” or the “Company”) forms part of the NIC Group and is a leading insurance company in Mauritius, providing a wide range of insurance products and services.
NIC is pleased to invite applications from suitably qualified candidates for the following open position.
PROJECT ASSISTANT - FINANCIAL REPORTING & ACCOUNTING (ref: FRA/05/2023)
• Prepare monthly Management Accounts and Annual Financial Statements in accordance with laws, regulations and reporting standards
• Prepare and submit statistical returns to competent authorities as per the established calendar
• Daily fund position , carry out reconciliations as may be required and provide updates on cash availability.
• Prepare monthly and yearly reconciliations for banks, premiums, claims and inventory items.
• Assist in the preparation of Yearly Budget and monthly reporting.
• Assist in Premium management and arrears.
• Ensure Fixed Asset Register is properly maintained on a monthly basis
Degree in Finance or ACCA/ACA level 2 or any such acceptable qualification in the domain;
At least 2 years post degree/professional cumulated experience in accounting field;
Proficient with IT related tools/specialized software;
Proactive, dynamic & result oriented;
Good communication skills (Oral/written); and
Proven technical, process and system know how
How to apply?
Should you be up for the challenge, please submit your application with a detailed resume and a motivation letter.
1) By latest 24 May 2023 for Ref : FRA/05/2023
The Company reserves the right to call only the best-qualified candidates for an interview and not to make any appointment following this advertisement.
If there is no suitable opportunity available, we invite you to make a spontaneous application.
We will contact you should an opportunity that matches your profile arise.